123 N Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL
About the Role:
We are looking for a Quantitative Developer to be responsible for building out the process of quantitative portfolio analysis with an emphasis on Derivatives and Structured Notes Modeling. You will be responsible for innovative research work that would include developing methodologies of implementation data science across an Investment platform
Previous experience is necessary as well as one with a background in market finance. A successful Quantitative Developer should also have an interest in learning new technologies and mathematical methodologies including working with and extracting insights from new alternative data sets.
- Work as a part of the development team to deploy analytics on our marketplace platform
- Finding solutions for improvements of our products
- Undertake data-centric projects and experiments across the company
- Strategic planning based on data analytics
- Prepare narratives, briefs, and more formal reports that concisely communicate relevant findings and conclusions
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Derivatives
- Java and Python (3-5 Years)
- Solid math understanding and aptitude of data analysis techniques
- Proficient in data mining, data analysis and machine learning
- Must be able to evolve and adapt to structural changes
How you’ll make an Impact:
Halo is seeking to redefine the Investment management industry and how complex investment products are delivered. The Financial Data Scientist will have the unique opportunity to gain start up experience and be a part of changing the way the world invests as we now know it. We are a small team of driven individuals who look to enact change and innovation across the entire value chain of Structured Notes issuance.
Halo Investing is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for Issuing banks.
We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, a kick-ass start up environment and we’re hiring!
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings.