About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Architect to own the back end architecture of our FinTech platform and lead a team of innovative developers. If you live and breathe python development and architecture, we want you. Do you want to own the services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we’re looking for. The ideal candidate has experience working on the back end architecture of a FinTech SaaS development project and works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Assess overall architecture of codebase to identify interdependencies, areas of improvement, and conventions in order to create a more extensible, microservice based infrastructure of code.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Work with engineers to usher requirements successfully through the development process and bring features to life
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired products.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch.
- Complete our near term goals which include:
- Fully audit and understand Halo’s back end architecture
- Devise a plan to move to microservices and improve extensibility
- Own the execution of the aforementioned
- Lead our software engineering team to complete our long term goals:
- Build out teams and areas of ownership within the new architecture
- Oversee all new architecture
- Scale the back end team and infrastructure
Halo Investing is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase, and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for issuing banks.
We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, a kick-ass technology stack, and we’re hiring! If you’re a senior architect who’s interested in working in finance and wants to gain the type of experience that only a startup can provide, then definitely check us out.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Halo is seeking to redefine the investment management industry and how complex investment products are delivered. The senior architect will have the unique opportunity to gain start up experience and be a part of changing the way the world invests as we now know it. We are a small team of driven individuals who look to enact change and innovation across the entire value chain of Structured Notes issuance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Sr. Developer/Engineer/Architect.
- Experience managing a SaaS team of 5-10 engineers.
- Strong experience with Python.
- Experience with DevOps Principles is preferred but not required.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Understanding of Front-End architecture and coding is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with React/jQuery.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and object oriented programming.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to speak to C-Suite and possess outstanding communication and presentation capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings.Apply with Indeed