About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to design, architect, and engineer our FinTech Platform. React, jQuery, Bootstrap, Material, CSS — If you live and breathe these tools, we want you. Do you want to build the front-end services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we’re looking for. The ideal candidate should have experience working on the full lifecycle of a SaaS development project and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for front-end web development.
- Collaborate with your team to design new and enhanced features.
- Ensure the scalability and quality of all code.
- Provide leadership and insight into architectural decisions.
Halo Investing, located in downtown Chicago, is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for Issuing banks. We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, and we’re hiring!
How You’ll Make an Impact
Halo is seeking to redefine the investment management industry and how complex investment products are delivered. The Front End Architect will have the unique opportunity to gain start up experience and be a part of changing the way the world invests as we now know it. We are a small team of driven individuals who look to enact change and innovation across the entire value chain of Structured Notes issuance.
- 5+ years experience building UIs with HTML/CSS and JS libraries – React as main framework, jQuery experience also a plus
- Expertise in SaaS/platform architecture and SPAs
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, function writing, APIs, etc. to articulate back-end requirements
- Experience creating component-based architecture for reusability, uniformity, and efficiency
- Comfortable in a leadership: mentoring, code reviews, architecture decisions, best practice determination, convention creation, etc.
- Able to work with product management and design to bring requirements and mockups into reality on a feature to feature basis as well as overall platform design
- Ability to learn quickly, take ownership, and provide direction on projects that involve various functions and levels of professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings.
Apply with Indeed