About The Role
The Human Resource Director will lead, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff in the department.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Develop and oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, as well as recommended best practices.
- Develop and implement departmental budget.
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification programs for employees.
- Handle discipline and termination of all employees in the organization in accordance with company policy.
- Work with Departmental Managers to help them manage their employees appropriately based on recommended best practices and federal and state compliance.
- Evaluate and recommend new processes and systems as appropriate.
Halo Investing, located in downtown Chicago, is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for Issuing banks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least eight years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Past experience working in a Financial Services Firm is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Proficient knowledge of benefits related insurance policies.
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings.
Apply with Indeed