Chief Compliance Officer
Chicago, IL | Full-time
Position Title: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Chicago, Il.
Halo Investing is a financial technology company that serves as the only independent, multi-issuer platform built to fundamentally change how the
Structured Note marketplace operates. Our blind, competitive auction process and post-trade lifecycle management capabilities ensure best pricing and ease of tracking structured note CUSIPs. Having recently closed a Series B financing round with Allianz and William Blair as lead investors, Halo’s platform is designed to democratize the $3 Trillion global Structured Note marketplace.
Halo is looking for an experienced Chief Compliance Officer based in Chicago, Il to act as firm’s lead on our existing professional client base and guide the set-up of a new retail broker dealer business. A successful candidate in this role must possess strong communication skills, superior writing skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment. The candidate should have a solid understanding of the rules and regulations relevant to Structured Products, Fixed Income Issuance, Options and Equity securities with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a compliance officer at a FINRA registered broker dealer.
- Develop, maintain and execute an effective compliance program designed to ensure the firm’s supervision and controls meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Proactively audit and surveille the firm’s systems and activities to detect and resolve potential compliance issues.
- Identifies and interprets SEC, FINRA and self-regulatory organization rules and regulations to ensure firm policies and procedures comply with appropriate laws, regulations and industry guidance.
- Ensure procedures are appropriately documented and referenced in the Firm's compliance manuals and written supervisory procedures.
- Be the main point of contact for external legal counsel and act as internal counsel for enterprise and client contracts when required.
- Provides advice to senior leadership on current firm risk, policies, and upcoming regulatory rules and actions.
- Implement and maintain the firm’s AML and KYC policies for both existing institutional business and the new retail broker-dealer.
- Serve as the coordinator with regulatory and internal auditors, as required under exams, inquires, or audits; serve as the firm’s advisor to governance committees.
- Works with all levels of management to ensure that appropriate supervisory processes and controls are established, documented, and enforced within each of the firm’s areas of responsibility;
- Review new account applications, counterparty relationships, personal brokerage transactions and employees outside business activities.
- Sales Literature approval, electronic communication, and written correspondence reviews.
- Maintain and monitor staff training and licensing requirements including Web CRD, Continuing Education, and Forms BD/U4/U5.
- At least 8+ years of industry experience in a compliance role with a FINRA registered broker-dealer.
- BS/BA in finance, business administration or related field.
- JD or BS/BA in law a plus.
- Series 7, 63, and 24 are required.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Fixed Income regulations including primary issuance of debt and institutional sales practices.
- Structure Note experience a huge plus.
- Understanding of Reg S and 144 issuances.
- Experience with and the implementation of KYC and AML policies.
- Ability to identify and solve complex compliance issues or policies in a team environment working with various levels of management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with writing, maintaining, and revision of firm procedures and record keeping.