Chicago, IL | Full-time
About the Role:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to own the infrastructure and cloud based architecture within our FinTech startup. If you live and breathe AWS best practices, we want you. Do you want to own the services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we’re looking for. The ideal candidate has experience working to make infrastructure within a FinTech SaaS secure, compliant, and scalable and works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Develop a plan on how to scale internal systems while adhering to AWS Best Practices.
- Perform environment setup in AWS.
- Build out Docker containerization.
- Perform Kubernetes in a scalable and maintainable way.
- Run scripts within AWS.
- Work with a 3rd party to maintain and improve on DevOps best practices.
Halo Investing is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase, and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for issuing banks.
We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, a kick-ass technology stack, and we’re hiring! If you’re a senior DevOps engineer who’s interested in working in finance and wants to gain the type of experience that only a startup can provide, then definitely check us out.
How you’ll make an Impact:
Halo is seeking to redefine the investment management industry and how complex investment products are delivered. The DevOps Engineer will have the unique opportunity to gain start up experience and be a part of changing the way the world invests as we now know it. We are a small team of driven individuals who look to enact change and innovation across the entire value chain of Structured Notes issuance.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS services
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers
- Python scripting experience
- Solid knowledge of cloud best practices
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings. Apply with Indeed