Chicago, IL | Full-time
About the Role:
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to design, implement and test software components of our FinTech Platform. Nginx, Docker Swarm, Apache, Kubernetes, AWS – if you live and breathe these tools, we want you. Do you want to build the backend services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we’re looking for. The ideal candidate should have experience working on the full lifecycle of a development project and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for front and back-end web development.
- Collaborate with your team to design new and enhanced features.
- Successfully integrate data between various systems.
- Ensure the scalability and quality of all code.
Halo Investing is a well-funded, financial technology startup who has the first independent multi-issuer platform focused on an investment product known as Structured Notes. Structured Notes are a pre-defined outcome investment product offering downside protection, previously only available to the ultra-high net worth. Halo is empowering and democratizing access to the product by building technology to analyze, purchase and manage the full lifecycle of the product while building efficiencies for Issuing banks.
We have an established business, amazing talent & mentorship, a kick-ass technology stack and we’re hiring! If you’re a developer who’s interested in working in finance and wants to gain the type of fullstack experience that only a startup can provide, then definitely check us out.
How you’ll make an Impact:
Halo is seeking to redefine the Investment management industry and how complex investment products are delivered. The Fullstack Developer will have the unique opportunity to gain start up experience and be a part of changing the way the world invest as we now know it. We are a small team of driven individuals who look to enact change and innovation across the entire value chain of Structured Notes issuance.
- Python – Flask, Sqlalchemy, Jinja2
- Java – numeric and modeling
- SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis)
- Servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Haproxy)
- Ability to learn quickly, take ownership, and provide direction on projects that involve various functions and levels of professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Halo offers comprehensive medical and dental, Equity options, a flexible PTO policy, transit benefits, snacks, a pop-a-shot in the office and regular team outings. Apply with Indeed