Named by Fast Company in its Top 10 Most Innovative FinTech Companies, Halo Investing is the first independent, multi-issuer platform for defined outcome investing. Halo Investing gives financial advisors, wealth managers and RIA’s access to structured notes, buffered ETFs, and annuities. By delivering the best pricing and execution to the clients it serves, Halo is changing the world of investing by democratizing the protective investment marketplace.
In October 2021, Halo announced that it raised over US$ 100 million in Series C funding. The latest fundraising round was led by Owl Capital and included the Mubadala-backed US $1 billion fund managed by Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners, in addition to existing investors Allianz Life Ventures and William Blair.
Halo is based in Chicago, with offices in Zurich, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore. We’ve balanced tremendous growth with strong company culture to create a uniquely motivated, dynamic, and proactive team. Above all, we value collaboration, communication, and passion!
About the Role:
We are looking for a VBA Developer to design, architect, and engineer our Excel integrations into our growing FinTech Platform. Do you want to build the VBA services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we’re looking for. The ideal candidate should have experience working on the full lifecycle of a SaaS development project and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Integrate capability in Excel-based tools to both pull and push data from/to an API-based server
- Playing a crucial role on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Estimating, designing, and developing code solutions for existing and new projects
- Coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs on complex projects
- Determines business requirements and department needs in terms of automations
- Ensures EUC requirements are met
- Review with the manager/team leader to prioritize the solution requirements that meets the needs of the department, assessing the current state of business to identify and recommend improvements
- Responsible for design, development and testing (with or without support of the operational teams)
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-5 years of experience with VBA development
- 1-5 years of professional development experience
- Familiarity with API-based backend architectures, RESTful programming
- 2-4 year Degree with a focus in Information Technology or related discipline
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental
- 401k Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Hybrid WFH Environment
- Fun & Exciting work environment, including free snacks and onsite pop-a-shot
- Flexible and highly collaborative work environment
Halo Values Diversity and Inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability or special need when applying for a role or during our recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org