Named by Fast Company in its Top 10 Most Innovative FinTech Companies, Halo Investing is the first independent, multi-issuer platform for defined outcome investing. Halo Investing gives financial advisors, wealth managers and RIA’s access to structured notes, buffered ETFs, and annuities. By delivering the best pricing and execution to the clients it serves, Halo is changing the world of investing by democratizing the protective investment marketplace.
In October 2021, Halo announced that it raised over US$ 100 million in Series C funding. The latest fundraising round was led by Owl Capital and included the Mubadala-backed US $1 billion fund managed by Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners, in addition to existing investors Allianz Life Ventures and William Blair.
Halo is based in Chicago, with offices in Zurich, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore. We’ve balanced tremendous growth with strong company culture to create a uniquely motivated, dynamic, and proactive team. Above all, we value collaboration, communication, and passion!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to test, write documentation, and assist
with scaling QA processes for our FinTech platform. While QA and testing are the foremost concerns of the position, flexibility and efficiency are also paramount. We work to keep ahead of the meteoric growth of the platform, to ensure that the quality of not only code, but of our users' experience scales along with it. If you're looking for not only a position to perform QA, but to grow your skillset and broaden the definition and utility of Quality Assurance, we want you.
- 1+ years of experience in QA or related technology positions
- Comfort with debugging, investigation, and root-cause analysis of backend and frontend issues
- Good record keeping and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- Familiarity/comfort interacting with Unix/Linux command line interfaces
- Familiarity/comfort using browser-based logging and debugging tools
- The desire to learn new tools, skills, and to put them to use!
Required Education and Experience:
- Some experience with scripting in bash and/or Python
- Flexibility, organization, and the ability to prioritize.
- A willingness to ask for help or to offer it when needed.
- Clear communication (We know it's here twice, that's not an accident)!
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental
- 401k Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Hybrid WFH Environment
- Fun & Exciting work environment, including free snacks and onsite pop-a-shot
- Flexible and highly collaborative work environment
Halo Values Diversity and Inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability or special need when applying for a role or during our recruitment process, please contact us at: email@example.com