Named by Fast Company in its Top 10 Most Innovative FinTech Companies, Halo Investing is the first independent, multi-issuer platform for defined outcome investing. Halo Investing gives financial advisors, wealth managers and RIA’s access to structured notes, buffered ETFs, and annuities. By delivering the best pricing and execution to the clients it serves, Halo is changing the world of investing by democratizing the protective investment marketplace.
In October 2021, Halo announced that it raised over US $100 million in Series C funding. The latest fundraising round was led by Owl Capital and included the Mubadala-backed US $1 billion fund managed by Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners, in addition to existing investors Allianz Life Ventures and William Blair.
Halo is based in Chicago, with offices in Zurich, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore. We’ve balanced tremendous growth with strong company culture to create a uniquely motivated, dynamic, and proactive team. Above all, we value collaboration, communication, and passion!
About the Role:
Brand Director will stand up the Halo Brand Marketing function to create Halo Investing as a break-thru brand and the brand known for Protective Investing. You will be responsible for deepening the emotional connection with existing Halo customers, attracting new audiences to the brand, and finding ways to drive cultural conversations with our customers. You will drive relevance and distinctiveness with our core audiences while defining how to expand the brand to new audiences. As the brand expands, this role will play a critical part in bringing the company’s commitment to solving the savings and retirement crisis and our mission of Impact before Profits. You will also be responsible for Public Relations and managing the PR firm and the internal team that produces press releases and awards. You are responsible for Brand KPIs and educating the company on the power of great brands.
You will work cross-functionally with leads across Content, Growth, Events, Global Marketing, and our PR Firm and other agencies to ensure a consistent brand across all touchpoints. As a Marketing Leader, you connect personally with Halo’s mission and have a passion for understanding what motivates those in finance and how to translate those insights into brand actions and stories. You are driven to contribute to the greater health and success of the Marketing team and the broader company by cultivating a culture of inclusivity and championing creativity in the organization.
- Be insatiably curious about understanding our customers and what motivates them so that we can find even more meaningful ways for Halo to add value to their lives and how to translate those findings into creating the Halo Brand
- Have the desire to build something and get your hands dirty while doing it. Strava is an incredible brand for the customers that already know us; we have a tremendous opportunity to recruit more customers by creating a magnet with the brand.
- Work brilliantly with teammates in various product, marketing, communications, partnerships, and revenue functions at all levels in the organization, pushing to always elevate the brand equity (heart and mind).
- Understand how to create big, bold, brand moments that marry fundamental human truths, brand truths, and cultural truths. You can’t wait to one-up yourself with an even better campaign than your last.
- Value creativity and measurement, ensuring the company understands how brand marketing is driving short-term business outcomes as well as long-term brand outcomes.
- Inspire the organization to dream big about what the Halo brand can be. Relish the opportunity to bring the brand to life moments that will elevate our brand and drive conversation while reinforcing our brand values.
- Bring the BrandStory approach to Halo.
Required Education and Experience:
- Have 10+ years or equivalent relevant experience in building brands, either agency or brand-side, with some experience driving a digitally forward brand.
- Are a respected leader, and motivator, who is unafraid to roll-up sleeves and lead from the front. People are drawn to you even if they don’t directly report to you. You’ve been in a leadership role before and worked with global brands.
- Can empower your teams with a clear vision for the work and direction of the brand.
- Have experience building and scaling brands to weave together a global brand story that has room for local relevance.
- Have a proven track record of big, global brand campaigns that have driven brand conversations with new audiences in new mediums.
- Highly strategic - you can break down a brand opportunity and create a simple plan to unlock growth for the brand.
- Are deeply curious about Halo’s target audiences and can translate deep insights into meaningful brand plans and creative briefs.
- Are a critical thinker who is comfortable operating without a playbook/brings a playbook and can be a driving force for a culture of creativity, experimentation, and learning.
- Are adept at collaboration and communicating clearly in a fast-paced and ambiguous start-up environment.
- Are comfortable communicating/working with virtual teams across several locations, but even so, manage to stay in sync and influence internal partners.
- Building a brand strategy muscle in the organization - building a brand strategy team is a first for Halo. You will play a critical role in educating the organization on the role that brand strategy can play across the organization - from development to campaign execution - and will write the playbook for the processes and practices that we need to cultivate to build a successful brand.
- Being a champion of simplicity and focus for the brand - As we expand the brand to more customers and audiences, you will distill a seemingly complex set of choices into a simple playbook to unlock relevance with a wider audience. This will include guiding how we incorporate Halo into global impact strategy issues.
- Unlocking Creative Excellence - you will be a strong strategic driver and collaborator, unlocking creative excellence through sharing powerful insights and killer creative briefs.
- Living the values of the Brand - as a key leader not only on the marketing team but across the organization, you will live the values of the brand in the way that you recruit, build and lead the brand team and agencies. You will lead with authenticity, and compassion and create an inclusive environment for all.
- You will lead the Public Relations effort as one of the key mediums for our brand as well as the daily PR activities like press releases and awards.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental
- 401k Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Hybrid WFH Environment
- Fun & Exciting work environment, including free snacks and onsite pop-a-shot
- Flexible and highly collaborative work environment
Halo Values Diversity and Inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability or special need when applying for a role or during our recruitment process, please contact us at: email@example.com